Forum: RSpec `add_scenario': wrong, number of arguments (1 for 2)

Bret P. (Guest)
I am trying to get some old "rbehave" scripts working with cucumber. I
am running into an error. I get the same error when I run the
"calculator_ruby_features" example.

Any suggestions?

Bret

C:\work\cucumber\examples\calculator_ruby_features>rake features
(in C:/work/cucumber/examples/calculator_ruby_features)
You must gem install win32console to get coloured output on this ruby
platform (
i386-mswin32)
C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree/feature.rb:37:in
`add_scenario': wrong
 number of arguments (1 for 2) (ArgumentError)
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree/feature.rb:37:in
`Scenari
o'
        from ./features/addition.rb:8
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree/feature.rb:13:in
`instanc
e_eval'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree/feature.rb:13:in
`initial
ize'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree.rb:8:in `new'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/tree.rb:8:in `Feature'
        from ./features/addition.rb:6
        from
c:/ruby-186-26/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27
:in `gem_original_require'
        from
c:/ruby-186-26/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27
:in `require'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli.rb:188:in
`require_files'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli.rb:186:in `each'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli.rb:186:in
`require_files'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli.rb:165:in
`execute!'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/../lib/cucumber/cli.rb:11:in `execute'
        from C:/work/cucumber/bin/cucumber:5
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [c:/ruby-186-26/bin/ruby -I
"C:/work/cucumb...]

Ben M. (Guest)
Bret P. wrote:
> I am trying to get some old "rbehave" scripts working with cucumber. I
> am running into an error. I get the same error when I run the
> "calculator_ruby_features" example.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Bret

Are you using the latest cucumber from github?  There was a problem with
the ruby example that was recently fixed.  If that is not the issue
please open a ticket on Lighthouse.
-Ben
Yi W. (Guest)
Weird, it seems like a bug to me:

      def Scenario(name, &proc)
        add_scenario(name, &proc)
      end

      def add_scenario(name, line, &proc)
        scenario = Scenario.new(self, name, line, &proc)
        @scenarios << scenario
        scenario
      end

Scenario lacks a "line" argument when calling add_scenario

Yi
Bret P. (Guest)
Ben M. wrote:
> Are you using the latest cucumber from github?

Yes. I did a git pull and reproduced the error right before reporting
it.

Afterwards, I converted my test to use the new *.feature format and this
worked fine.

I am curious what the thinking is about supporting the old format. I
suspect that I'll be moving to the new format, but want to know what the
feeling is with others.

Bret
Bret P. (Guest)
Ben M. wrote:

> If that is not the issue please open a ticket on Lighthouse.
I tried.

lighthouse error
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Bret P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Ben M. wrote:
>>
>> Are you using the latest cucumber from github?
>
> Yes. I did a git pull and reproduced the error right before reporting it.

This was fixed three days ago (!?)
http://github.com/aslakhellesoy/cucumber/commit/16...

> Afterwards, I converted my test to use the new *.feature format and this
> worked fine.
>
> I am curious what the thinking is about supporting the old format. I suspect
> that I'll be moving to the new format, but want to know what the feeling is
> with others.

Interesting you should ask. I added it to make the migration easier
for those who used it.
However, I have a feeling that very few are using it, so in the long
run I'd like to bag it.
Maybe deprecate it in next release and bag it 2-3 releases later.

Let the hollering begin.
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 3:03 AM, Bret P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> Ben M. wrote:
>>
>> If that is not the issue please open a ticket on Lighthouse.
>
> I tried.
>
> lighthouse error

elaborate?
Bret P. (Guest)
aslak hellesoy wrote:

> elaborate?

I got a generic lighthouse error. I pasted a screenshot image, but
somehow it was stripped from my email along the way. No matter.
Bret P. (Guest)
aslak hellesoy wrote:

I'm a newb to git and apparently need to learn more about how to use it
correctly. I'm wondering if i somehow updated my local repo without
updating my workspace.
> However, I have a feeling that very few are using it, so in the long
> run I'd like to bag it.
> Maybe deprecate it in next release and bag it 2-3 releases later.
>
> Let the hollering begin.

Makes sense to me.
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 5:23 PM, Bret P. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> correctly. I'm wondering if i somehow updated my local repo without updating
> my workspace.

With Git the workspace and local repo is the same thing. Every working
copy *is* a repository.