Forum: Ruby on Rails Ruby on Rails Tutorial on IEEE Software Magazine

Alan Kelon Oliveira de Moraes (Guest)
Hello!

The November/December 2008 issue of IEEE Software has nice a tutorial on
Ruby on Rails. IEEE Software is one the most prestigious magazines on
Software Engineering.

Tutorial:
http://www.di.ufpb.br/~alan/ror-ieeesw.pdf<http://...
Source code:
http://www.di.ufpb.br/~alan/s6vis_code.zip<http://...

ABSTRACT: Ruby on Rails is a powerful Web application development
framework
based on the dynamic object-oriented programming language Ruby. With
several
popular Web sites based on it, its prominence is rapidly rising. Ruby on
Rails fully supports Web 2.0 and Web services and enables extremely
rapid
development. It incorporates several important features of "programming
in
the large" and is well suited for quickly developing even large, complex
applications. A small Web application that also uses Ajax and Web
services
provides an introduction to Ruby on Rails.
Citation: Viswa Viswanathan, "Rapid Web Application Development: A Ruby
on
Rails Tutorial," IEEE Software, vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 98-106, Nov/Dec,
2008.
http://www2.computer.org/portal/web/csdl/doi/10.11...

Best regards
--
Alan Kelon Oliveira de Moraes
Departamento de Informática - UFPB

Alan Kelon Oliveira de Moraes wrote:

> The November/December 2008 issue of IEEE Software
> has nice a tutorial on Ruby on Rails. IEEE Software is one
> the most prestigious magazines on Software Engineering.

Thanks for letting us know.  That's some pretty serious validation! ;-)

Best regards,
Bill