Forum: Ruby on Rails Validations Question

Jables (Guest)
I have a script that is run by a cron job.  It is constantly trying to
put the same records into the database plus a few unique ones so to
solve this I put a validates_uniqueness_of :title on the model.  This
has the desired effect but the script exits with error on a invalid
validation (identical title).  I want it to keep going to the next
record.  How is this accomplished?

Thanks,
JB
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 18, 7:27 pm, Jables <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I have a script that is run by a cron job.  It is constantly trying to
> put the same records into the database plus a few unique ones so to
> solve this I put a validates_uniqueness_of :title on the model.  This
> has the desired effect but the script exits with error on a invalid
> validation (identical title).  I want it to keep going to the next
> record.  How is this accomplished?

if you are using save! (which raises exceptions upon things like that)
either rescue the appropriate exception or use save (without the
exclamation mark) which returns true/false rather than raising
exceptions.

Fred