Forum: Ruby on Rails Akismet Rails Plugin

Schalk N. (Guest)
Hi all,

I am trying to get Akismet installed on a RoR app. When trying to
install Rakismet using:
script/plugin install git://github.com/jfrench/rakismet

I always get, plugin not found.

Does anyone know where I can get this from or an alternate plugin?

Thanks,
Schalk
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 18, 4:12 pm, Schalk N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to get Akismet installed on a RoR app. When trying to
> install Rakismet using:
> script/plugin install git://github.com/jfrench/rakismet
>
> I always get, plugin not found.

tried just now and it worked fine. Do you have rails 2.1 or higher?
(previous version didn't do plugins from git)

Fred
Schalk N. (Guest)
Ah, thanks Frederick. I am on Rails 2.0.2, probably time to upgrade ;)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 19 Nov 2008, at 08:47, Schalk N. wrote:

> Ah, thanks Frederick. I am on Rails 2.0.2, probably time to upgrade ;)

You can still get the plugin, you'll just have to check it out from
git yourself (whether the plugin itself supports 2.0.2 I don't know)

Fred