Forum: Ruby on Rails How to get results from database SQL query

Yan O. (Guest)
on 2008-11-18 17:23
I need to get results from SQL query to database.

I have an SQL statement, e.g.: SELECT MAX(my_field) max_my_field FROM
my_table WHERE id=5

I want to get the result, what is the max value. I have to get only one
record with a number, or null if no records found. Please provide Ruby
code to do this? (to store results in variable)
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 18, 3:23 pm, Yan O. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I need to get results from SQL query to database.
>
> I have an SQL statement, e.g.: SELECT MAX(my_field) max_my_field FROM
> my_table WHERE id=5
>
> I want to get the result, what is the max value. I have to get only one
> record with a number, or null if no records found. Please provide Ruby
> code to do this? (to store results in variable)

Checkout the maximum method (http://api.rubyonrails.com/classes/
ActiveRecord/Calculations/ClassMethods.html#M001659)

Fred