Forum: Italian Ruby user group [OT] Cerchiamo un Code Poet per The Fool a Milano :P

Matteo G.P. Flora (Guest)
Ciao a tutti,

  vado un secondo OT perchè, per quanto strano possa sembrare, stiamo
avendo notevoli difficoltà a rintracciare gente che voglia giocare con
RoR in una startup milanese (la mia) ;)

Ho pensato di disturbarvi un secondo per vedere se tra questo maraqsma
di sciamannati che è la lista (ed in cui mi trovo perfettamente a mio
agio) c'è qualcuno a cui potrebbe interessare di lavorare a Milano o che
conosce persone interessate.

Il profilo che ricerchiamo è una persona skillata nella programmazione
con un buon background... La descrizione segue e se avete ulteriori
domande non esitate a richiedere e/o mailare :)

Grazie mille e scusate il "rumore di fondo".

M.

<<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>><<<>>>

     CODE POET RoR

We are in need of someone who coud recite "Getting Real" by 37Signals
and dreams about working in such a team and Environment.
Someone who handles skillfully RoR, Mongrel, capistrano and wants to
create a 2M impressions per day website.
Someone who commits on Git at the same rate he/she wash his/her hands,
who wants to work in couple with the graphic designer to create
intuitive, simple, consistent applications: namely, smart applications
for stupid users, the fist one of them being the CEO :)
Somone who wants to do something that will make most people "Wow" by
using it and something that will leave a wide trail of success in every
resume. We want innovation in the code as well: easy, powerfull, zen
programming is a need, not a hype.
He/she will work on a new social network and augmented reality project,
doing things he/she will unlikely find elsewhere. Really.
He/she will engage with systems, play with Tb of data on Amazon's S3,
with a few million hits daily, with a pain-in-the-ass CEO who can code
and is convinced to be a skilled programmer. With a few billion records
schedules in his database. Used for queries, of course... in realtime.
HE/she should have fun, like we do, and get pissed by searching the
damned solution demanded by the situation. We need an enthisast,
otherwise he/she couldn't be of the crew.

We don't need a CODE MONKEY, we need a CODE POET.

We're in need of:
* user experience / interaction design prowess
* javascript coding experience (ideally with extjs, jquery or other
fashionable frameworks)
* rails, php, or python experience (whatever works, with not-so-slight
preference for RoR)
* basic SQL skills (can write queries with joins)

...the kind of person who’d be a 1-person engineering department for a
2-person web2.0 startup.

If you think you can fit, please notify us :)
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

     WHO ARE WE

Descrizione delle attivita' svolte dalle agenzie
The Fool is a well funded italian startup devoted to innovation and
unconventional solutions. Out motto is "incredible solutions for common
problems".
n The Fool we concentrate on using latest technologies and high-level
expertise to focus on IT (and not only IT) problem solving using new
methodologies.
In addition we specialize in incubating and spinoff-ing portals and web
applications with cutting edge tech.

--
Matteo G.P. Flora
CEO & Partner

THE FOOL srl
removed_email_address@domain.invalid
+39.02.006.188.26
Duilio R. (Guest)
on 2008-11-18 15:19
Matteo G.P. Flora wrote:
> Ciao a tutti,

Ciao a te ;)

>   vado un secondo OT perchè, per quanto strano possa sembrare, stiamo
> avendo notevoli difficoltà a rintracciare gente che voglia giocare con
> RoR in una startup milanese (la mia) ;)

un OT ben accetto :)
strano che non vi siano sviluppatori RoR disponibili nella zona di
Milano...

> Ho pensato di disturbarvi un secondo per vedere se tra questo maraqsma
> di sciamannati che è la lista (ed in cui mi trovo perfettamente a mio
> agio) c'è qualcuno a cui potrebbe interessare di lavorare a Milano o che
> conosce persone interessate.

io sono interessato :)

>      CODE POET RoR
>
> We don't need a CODE MONKEY, we need a CODE POET.
>
> We're in need of:
> * user experience / interaction design prowess
ok

> * javascript coding experience (ideally with extjs, jquery or other
> fashionable frameworks)
ok

> * rails, php, or python experience (whatever works, with not-so-slight
> preference for RoR)
esperienza in tutti e tre ma preferisco RoR (o comunque Ruby)

> * basic SQL skills (can write queries with joins)
e qui ci siamo abbondantemente :)

le skills ci sono, ma ora sono a Galway (Irlanda) ritorno in Italia a
inizio Dicembre

> ...the kind of person who’d be a 1-person engineering department for a
> 2-person web2.0 startup.
>
> If you think you can fit, please notify us :) <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Fatto :D

> --