Forum: Ruby on Rails Rails 2.2rc2: ArgumentError - Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by...

jacques (Guest)
If you convert your Rails 2.1 app to Rails 2.2RC2, you'll see this
fancy error message as soon as you start script server:

---
ArgumentError "Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by"
---

Stack trace will lead you to dependencies.rb:572

Solution:
Rename your application.rb to application_controller.rb

All will be well after that. Though a friendlier error message would
be very nice. I imagine a majority of Rails developers will run into
this problem.

Hope this helps...
Pratik N. (Guest)
This SHOULD not happen for 2.2 RC2 because 2.2 already has a separate
branch. And renaming application.rb -> application_controller.rb is an
edge only change.

--
Cheers!
- Pratik