Forum: Radiant CMS Automating navigation?

Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 15:51
Is there a way to automate the nav such that it shows a list of every
page, or must you make a snippet and manually code all of the links?
Mohit S. (Guest)
Little K. wrote:
> Is there a way to automate the nav such that it shows a list of every
> page, or must you make a snippet and manually code all of the links?

Like a site map?  http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/17/2008 | 11:17 PM.
Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 18:48
Mohit S. wrote:
> Little K. wrote:
>> Is there a way to automate the nav such that it shows a list of every
>> page, or must you make a snippet and manually code all of the links?
>>
> Like a site map?  http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 11/17/2008 | 11:17 PM.

Wow I can't believe I missed that on the wiki. This works great although
I am having one problem with it. The links that come out of sitemapper
are formatted like http://localhost/link/ with a trailing /

If its /link/ my stylesheet isn't showing up for some reason, but /link
with no trailing slash works fine?
Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 18:53
Little K. wrote:
> Mohit S. wrote:
>> Little K. wrote:
>>> Is there a way to automate the nav such that it shows a list of every
>>> page, or must you make a snippet and manually code all of the links?
>>>
>> Like a site map?  http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Mohit.
>> 11/17/2008 | 11:17 PM.
>
> Wow I can't believe I missed that on the wiki. This works great although
> I am having one problem with it. The links that come out of sitemapper
> are formatted like http://localhost/link/ with a trailing /
>
> If its /link/ my stylesheet isn't showing up for some reason, but /link
> with no trailing slash works fine?

Also is it possible to order the generated links? A weight attribute
perhaps?
Mohit S. (Guest)
Little K. wrote:

A trailing / is a good thing.  Is your stylesheet referenced relative to
the page?

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/18/2008 | 12:52 AM.
Andrew N. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 4:53 PM, Little K.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> >> 11/17/2008 | 11:17 PM.
> >
> > Wow I can't believe I missed that on the wiki. This works great although
> > I am having one problem with it. The links that come out of sitemapper
> > are formatted like http://localhost/link/ with a trailing /
> >
> > If its /link/ my stylesheet isn't showing up for some reason, but /link
> > with no trailing slash works fine?
>
> Also is it possible to order the generated links? A weight attribute
> perhaps?

If you install the Reorder extension[1] then you can specify the order
in
which pages appear. If you took this approach, you would also have to
change:

    <r:children:each by="title" order="asc">

    <r:children:each by="position" order="asc">

In the sitemap example[2].

[1]: http://github.com/radiant/radiant-reorder-extensio...
[2]: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map
Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 19:15
Mohit S. wrote:
> Little K. wrote:
>>
> A trailing / is a good thing.  Is your stylesheet referenced relative to
> the page?
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 11/18/2008 | 12:52 AM.

I did the whole "make a stylesheet page in radiant" thing. perhaps I did
something wrong there?
Mohit S. (Guest)
Andrew N. wrote:
> In the sitemap example[2].
>
> [1]: http://github.com/radiant/radiant-reorder-extensio...
> [2]: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map

and since I wrote it, I am compelled to add this in addition Link #1:
http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Reorder

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/18/2008 | 1:22 AM.
Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 19:24
> If you install the Reorder extension[1] then you can specify the order
> in
> which pages appear. If you took this approach, you would also have to
> change:
>
>     <r:children:each by="title" order="asc">

>     <r:children:each by="position" order="asc">
>
> In the sitemap example[2].
>
> [1]: http://github.com/radiant/radiant-reorder-extensio...
> [2]: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/How_to_Make_a_Site_Map

Thanks for the help, this is working well. Love how simple this CMS is
:)
Mohit S. (Guest)
Little K. wrote:
> Wow I can't believe I missed that on the wiki. This works great although
> I am having one problem with it. The links that come out of sitemapper
> are formatted like http://localhost/link/ with a trailing /
>
> If its /link/ my stylesheet isn't showing up for some reason, but /link
> with no trailing slash works fine?

Use View Source to take a look at the generated HTML in Firefox or IE.
Then, see what URL it is trying to access for the style sheet.  Then see
if that URL is served up.

might give some hints..

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/18/2008 | 1:28 AM.
Little K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 19:37
Mohit S. wrote:
> Little K. wrote:
>> Wow I can't believe I missed that on the wiki. This works great although
>> I am having one problem with it. The links that come out of sitemapper
>> are formatted like http://localhost/link/ with a trailing /
>>
>> If its /link/ my stylesheet isn't showing up for some reason, but /link
>> with no trailing slash works fine?
>>

> Use View Source to take a look at the generated HTML in Firefox or IE.
> Then, see what URL it is trying to access for the style sheet.  Then see
> if that URL is served up.
>
> might give some hints..
>
> Cheers,
> Mohit.
> 11/18/2008 | 1:28 AM.

You were right, I was linking the stylesheet as styles.css instead of
/styles.css

Feelin' pretty dumb :) Thank you all for your help.
Mohit S. (Guest)
Little K. wrote:

> You were right, I was linking the stylesheet as styles.css instead of
> /styles.css
>
> Feelin' pretty dumb :) Thank you all for your help.

Welcome aboard :)
Of course, you're new so you don't realize - I'm the reaper... after
you're familiar enough with Radiant, I'm going to come after you to urge
you to write up some documentation for the Summer Reboot Documentation
project.

Details at http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Summer_Reboot

:)

But seriously, glad to be of help!