Forum: GNU Radio How to install GRC separately

Bruhtesfa E. (Guest)
Hey all,

I have already installed Gnu radio before. But, because I am new to gnu
radio, I have not installed all the important components.

Now, i want to install GRC. I see that there is GRC folder in the gnu
radio
folder that I downloaded using:

$ svn co http://gnuradio.org/svn/gnuradio/branches/releases/3.1 gnuradio

But, since I have not configured grc while installing gnu radio ; it
is not recognized when i type grc in terminal.
     So, how can I configure and install GRC separately without
configuring the whole gnu radio components again?

Thanks!
Bruhtesfa
Josh B. (Guest)
You can checkout the gnuradio trunk

./configure
cd grc
make
sudo make install

This is better than making then entire tree again, but you would still
have to run configure and make sure that most dependencies are
installed.... Which probably just means that you have to install gsl and
a newer boost.

I believe that grc will be included in the 3.2 release.

-Josh
Paul Miller (Guest)
I regularly build debian/ubuntu packages with the lastest boost and
gnuradio.svn that install into /usr/local ... is there any interest in
that sort of thing for people besides myself?

https://voltar.org/gnuradio/

(... the gnuradio snapshot debs have GRC in them.)

On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 8:24 AM, Bruhtesfa E.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
107 jumps, 43.5 minutes of freefall, 83.4 freefall miles.

I used the install instruction by Jon Jacky(
http://staff.washington.edu/jon/gr-osx/gr-osx-core... ) in
which
the configure command disables all components and enables each again.

So, If I am to use that configure-gr , it means i will start the
installation of the whole gnu radio again.  I don't want to do that
again
,because i have passed through many errors during the configure and make
commands.

Is there better way to configure GRC separately ? - Tks

Bruhtesfa
Umair N. (Guest)

> Is there better way to configure GRC separately ? - Tks
>
> Bruhtesfa

You can install GRC from source. Check
http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanionOld

Be sure that you install the dependencies first that are mentioned in
the
said page.

>> I believe that grc will be included in the 3.2 release.
>>
>> -Josh

Btw, when is 3.2 release expected?
Josh B. (Guest)
Bruhtesfa E. wrote:

> Is there better way to configure GRC separately ? - Tks
>
> Bruhtesfa

I really think that if you checkout the trunk, run configure, and do a
make install inside of the grc directory, it will just work, regardless
of configure errors.

You do not have to make the entire gnuradio again to just install this
grc. You may have to get the configure to work though.

Another solution is to install this older grc (mentioned in previous
email), but I try to recommend the new.

-Josh