Forum: GNU Radio XCVR in the 2.2Ghz range

Marcus D. Leech (Guest)
How easily can the RFX1800 or RFX2400 be modified to operate around
2.2Ghz?  This is for a potential S-band satellite
  project operating near that frequency.

--
Marcus L.
Principal Investigator, Shirleys Bay Radio Astronomy Consortium
wrote:
> How easily can the RFX1800 or RFX2400 be modified to operate around
> 2.2Ghz?  This is for a potential S-band satellite
>  project operating near that frequency.

It looks like it uses an ADF4360 as the RX synthesizer.  The RFX2400
looks like it has a lower bound at 2400MHz.  Others in the family
could probably be used:

    http://www.analog.com/en/rfif-components/pll-synth...

Though it's all just handwaving as I haven't done a complete analysis,
but it seems like changing that part and some of the db software would
do the trick.

Brian
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Sun, 2008-11-16 at 20:42 -0500, Marcus D. Leech wrote:

> How easily can the RFX1800 or RFX2400 be modified to operate around
> 2.2Ghz?  This is for a potential S-band satellite
>   project operating near that frequency.

This is straightforward; I did an S-band satellite groundstation
transceiver this way earlier this year.  It's a matter of replacing the
ADF4360 with a different rev. of the same chip that operates a lower
frequency, and removing the 2.4G ISM filter.

-Johnathan