Forum: Ruby on Rails Info on View Helper Methods

Gavin M. (Guest)
Hi there!
Can anyone point me in the direction of some resources for building
your own view helpers?

I want to acheive something simple:

In the view,

<%= button  do %>
<% end %>

will give

in the source?

Can anybody help out?
thanks
Gabriel L. (Guest)
On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:58 PM, Dr_Gavin
> Can anybody help out?
> thanks

mmmh, I guess

def button
  content_tag :div, :class => "button"
end

will to the trick. but it is just because it is simple... If you have
something complex, you hav to play with capture()

Another simple way, is to play with partials. you can use

def button
  render :layout => '/shared/button'
end

# app/view/shared/_button.html.erb
  <%= yield %>

hope it will help

--
Gabriel L. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Gavin M. (Guest)

Sorry for the late reply.

I've managed to get this working

  def delete_button_for(value, path, confirm=nil, id=nil)
    content_tag :div,(link_to_remote value, {:url => path,
      :method => :delete, :confirm => confirm}), :class =>
'button', :id => id
  end

:D

Thanks again