Forum: JRuby Glassfish gem 0.9 problems

Luís Gustavo Lima Silva (Guest)
Hi guys!
I'm testing the glassfish-gem 0.9 and I got some errors when I start
my rails application.
I'm using jruby 1.1.5, glassfish-gem 0.9, rack 0.4 and rails 2.1.2
In osx everything works fine!
In Windows Server 2003 I got this error: http://pastie.org/315583
In Ubuntu 8.04.1  I have a different error: http://pastie.org/315584
My sample application works fine with jetty-rails and webrick in
osx,windows, and ubuntu.

Thanks. Your work with jruby is really amazing! I did some benchmarks,
and I got numbers where jruby 1.1.5 is 2 times faster than mri, even
on Windows.

Luís Gustavo Lima Silva wrote:
> Hi guys!
> I'm testing the glassfish-gem 0.9 and I got some errors when I start
> my rails application.
> I'm using jruby 1.1.5, glassfish-gem 0.9, rack 0.4 and rails 2.1.2
> In osx everything works fine!
> In Windows Server 2003 I got this error: http://pastie.org/315583
> In Ubuntu 8.04.1  I have a different error: http://pastie.org/315584
> My sample application works fine with jetty-rails and webrick in
> osx,windows, and ubuntu.

The Windows error looks like a pathing bug, either in JRuby proper or
part of GlassFish. Can you run the application with e.g. Mongrel on
Windows?

The Ubuntu error has a bunch of OSGI noise in it...can you file it with
the GlassFish team?

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

You'll need to login or register there. Hopefulyl GlassFish folks will
see this thread as well. There's a plan for a 0.9.1 release of the gem
very soon, and it would be nice to see both of these fixed.

> Thanks. Your work with jruby is really amazing! I did some benchmarks,
> and I got numbers where jruby 1.1.5 is 2 times faster than mri, even
> on Windows.

Excellent! What sort of benchmarks were they?

- Charlie

I can run my application with Mongrel on Windows. With jetty-rails and
webrick too.My benchmarks are here: http://www.pastie.org/316132

Thanks!

Luis

2008/11/16 Charles Oliver N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Ok, I'm guessing both issues are in GlassFish then...can you file bugs
with the GlassFish guys?

The first issue is probably GF not correctly handling the path to the
application. The second, I have no idea.

https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

Luís Gustavo Lima Silva wrote:
> <mailto:removed_email_address@domain.invalid>>
>         My sample application works fine with jetty-rails and webrick in
>     https://glassfish.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectIssues

I've posted in glassfish gem issue tracker:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail...
Luis
www.twitter.com/luisbebop

2008/11/16 Charles Oliver N. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Nick C. (Guest)
I can report the same <http://pastie.org/315584> problem on Ubuntu 8.10
Is there a cure?

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Luís Gustavo Lima Silva <
Luís Gustavo Lima Silva (Guest)
Hi Nick.In the next release of glassfish gem (0.9.1) both errors which I
reported will be fixed.
Vivek P. fixed both.

http://rubyforge.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=210...

2008/11/24 Nick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Nick C. (Guest)
Thanks Luis,
Good news!

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Luís Gustavo Lima Silva
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid