Forum: Ruby on Rails Problem With IE 7

Newb N. (Guest)
on 2008-11-15 12:30
I have done this code to give my form Fade effect.
It works in Mozila FireFox.
But Doesn't Work in IE 7 Browser.

 shade.setStyle({
                            MozOpacity: '.15',
                            filer: 'alpha(opacity=15)',
                            opacity: '.15'

                            });
 Wat Would be the Problem.
 If IE Browser doesn't support Means Wat Would be the Alternative Code
To use.
 Pls Help Me Out On this Problem.
 Cheers and Thanks.
Rob L. (Guest)
The clue would be, my guess anyway, that MozOpacity is only supported in
Mozilla based browsers like FireFox, not IE.

RobL
Hassan S. (Guest)
> Newb N. wrote:
>> I have done this code to give my form Fade effect.
>> It works in Mozila FireFox.
>> But Doesn't Work in IE 7 Browser.
>>
>>  shade.setStyle({
>>                             MozOpacity: '.15',
>>                             filer: 'alpha(opacity=15)',

I didn't see the original post, but if the above is a copy and paste,
you've misspelled "filter".

FWIW,
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 05:15
Rob L. wrote:
> The clue would be, my guess anyway, that MozOpacity is only supported in
> Mozilla based browsers like FireFox, not IE.
>
> RobL

thanks for the reply.if my code doesn't work for Internet Explorer.
Is there any way to do it for Internet Explorer.
Any helps
Newb N. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 05:17
Hassan S. wrote:
>> Newb N. wrote:
>>> I have done this code to give my form Fade effect.
>>> It works in Mozila FireFox.
>>> But Doesn't Work in IE 7 Browser.
>>>
>>>  shade.setStyle({
>>>                             MozOpacity: '.15',
>>>                             filer: 'alpha(opacity=15)',
>
> I didn't see the original post, but if the above is a copy and paste,
> you've misspelled "filter".
>
> FWIW,
> --
> Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid

thanks for the reply.if my code doesn't work for Internet Explorer.
Is there any way to do it for Internet Explorer.
Any helps
MACA [15C] (Guest)
Hi, have you tried like this

shade.setStyle({
     -moz-opacity: .15;
     filter:alpha(opacity=15);
});

I made a semi-transparent div, some days ago, and it worked for me
with Internet Explorer 6 and Mozilla Firefox.

Hope this help you.

Good luck.