Forum: Ruby How to tell Scite where Ruby is located

Li C. (Guest)
on 2008-11-15 00:53
Hi all,

I install Ruby to a new place instead of the default path, and I can't
set Ruby's path from within system's enviroment variables due to
write/read restriction on the computer. How can I tell Scite where Ruby
is located so that I still use Ruby?

Thanks,

Li
Phlip (Guest)
> I install Ruby to a new place instead of the default path, and I can't
> set Ruby's path from within system's enviroment variables due to
> write/read restriction on the computer. How can I tell Scite where Ruby
> is located so that I still use Ruby?

Options -> Open ruby.properties ->

if PLAT_WIN
 command.go.*.rb=c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin/ruby1.9 $(FileNameExt)

HTH!
Li C. (Guest)
on 2008-11-15 01:16
Phlip wrote:
>> I install Ruby to a new place instead of the default path, and I can't
>> set Ruby's path from within system's enviroment variables due to
>> write/read restriction on the computer. How can I tell Scite where Ruby
>> is located so that I still use Ruby?
>
> Options -> Open ruby.properties ->
>
> if PLAT_WIN
>  command.go.*.rb=c:/cygwin/usr/local/bin/ruby1.9 $(FileNameExt)
>
> HTH!

Hi,

Thank you very much.

I change the line to the following and it works:

if PLAT_WIN
command.go.*.rb=C:/Documents and Settings/chen73/My
Documents/Ruby/bin/ruby.exe $(FileNameExt)

Li