Forum: RSpec LinkedIn Group

Ashley M. (Guest)
Hi

I was just thinking, would it be a good thing to have a LinkedIn group
for RSpec?  It'd be great to be able to find other RSpec users, either
to help organise local Ruby events or to help when hiring people.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/
On 14 Nov 2008, at 12:25, Ashley M. wrote:
> Hi
>
> I was just thinking, would it be a good thing to have a LinkedIn
> group for RSpec?  It'd be great to be able to find other RSpec
> users, either to help organise local Ruby events or to help when
> hiring people.

What about abstracting it a level and making it a BDD group? The
'Outside In' Club. Or something. :)
Ashley M. (Guest)
On Nov 14, 2008, at 12:27 pm, Matt W. wrote:

> What about abstracting it a level and making it a BDD group? The
> 'Outside In' Club. Or something. :)

There's probably room for both.  There's a Web Application Frameworks
Users Group as well as Rails and Merb groups, for example.  But a BDD
group would be cool too.

Anyone here willing to start an RSpec group?  It'd make sense for it
to be one of the RSpec core team, I guess, but failing that I'd be
happy to.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/

--Erik
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Erik T. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> I really like the idea of LinkedIn BDD and RSpec groups.
> Is somebody of the core team willing to create these?

Ashley M. has already created an RSpec group:
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=1300277

Why don't you create a BDD group, Erik? Make sure you let the BDD
google group know anout it:
http://groups.google.com/group/behaviordrivendevelopment (230 members)

Aslak
Ashley M. (Guest)
On Nov 20, 2008, at 12:20 pm, aslak hellesoy wrote:

> Ashley M. has already created an RSpec group:
> http://www.linkedin.com/groups?about=&gid=1300277

Only has one member yet though!

> Why don't you create a BDD group, Erik? Make sure you let the BDD
> google group know anout it:
> http://groups.google.com/group/behaviordrivendevelopment (230 members)

Go for it Erik.  I think there should be two separate groups, one for
general BDD and one for RSpec-specific users.

Ashley

--
http://www.patchspace.co.uk/
http://aviewfromafar.net/
aslak hellesoy (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 20, 2008 at 2:28 PM, Rahoul B.
wrote:

>> Only has one member yet though!
>
> I've joined.  Just waiting for the administrator to let me in :-p

Me too
Joseph W. (Guest)
aslak hellesoy wrote:

> Me too

Me three.
Matt W. (Guest)
On 20 Nov 2008, at 13:28, Rahoul B. wrote:

>> Only has one member yet though!
>
> I've joined.  Just waiting for the administrator to let me in :-p

Ditto. Dunno who the guy is but he obviously doesn't check his emails
very often ;)
Caius D. (Guest)
On 20 Nov 2008, at 13:28, Rahoul B. wrote:

>> Only has one member yet though!
>
> I've joined.  Just waiting for the administrator to let me in :-p

Me four!

I join a bunch of ruby/rails groups recently (yes I was bored!) but
never thought to search for rspec.

---
Caius D.
removed_email_address@domain.invalid