Forum: GNU Radio Failed to set RF frequency

Bruhtesfa E. (Guest)
Hey all,

I am still checking out whether my USRP is working correctly in both
transmit and receive modes or not.

The problem is sometimes when i run the transmitter or receiver codes,
the
USRP fails to set the RF frequency of my transceivers, and at other
times it
works. I don't know what is causing this error.

Could somebody suggest me a solution? -Tks

Bruhtesfa
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 10:27 +0100, Bruhtesfa E. wrote:

> I am still checking out whether my USRP is working correctly in both
> transmit and receive modes or not.
>
> The problem is sometimes when i run the transmitter or receiver codes,
> the USRP fails to set the RF frequency of my transceivers, and at
> other times it works. I don't know what is causing this error.
>
> Could somebody suggest me a solution? -Tks

You'll need to be a lot more specific about your problem for anyone to
be able to help you.

-Johnathan
Bruhtesfa E. (Guest)
Ok, Thanks  Johnathan!

It is like this:

My Tranceiver that I use together with the USRP works at 2.4-2.5GHz ,
then I
used   $* python USRP_siggen.py -f 2.45e9 *.in order to generate a
carrier
of frequency 2.45GHz. But, it generates a run time error, "Failed to set
RF
frequency".

So, what do you think is the problem? -Tks

Bruhtesfa

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM, Johnathan C. <
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 1:39 AM, Bruhtesfa E.
<removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> My Tranceiver that I use together with the USRP works at 2.4-2.5GHz , then I
> used   $ python USRP_siggen.py -f 2.45e9 .in order to generate a carrier of
> frequency 2.45GHz. But, it generates a run time error, "Failed to set RF
> frequency".

In you previous email, you said that the command sometimes works and
sometimes doesn't.  Is there any pattern to it?

Have you tried setting any other frequencies?

-Johnathan
Bruh G. (Guest)
on 2008-11-17 22:00
> In you previous email, you said that the command sometimes works and
> sometimes doesn't.  Is there any pattern to it?

There is no distinict pattern. How I am working it out currently is;
when the error apears, I turn the USRP off and turn it on again. In that
case, it works mostly. But, I was wondering if there is some way to
solve this error permanently.

> Have you tried setting any other frequencies?

Ya! I have tried to set frequencies in the operating range of the
tranciever; but, the error keeps coming sometimes as I said.

bruhtesfa
Johnathan C. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 17, 2008 at 12:00 PM, Bruhtesfa E.

> There is no distinict pattern. How I am working it out currently is;
> when the error apears, I turn the USRP off and turn it on again. In that
> case, it works mostly. But, I was wondering if there is some way to
> solve this error permanently.

If the same command sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, with no
other changes, and power cycling the hardware improves things, then
it's a good chance you have a hardware issue.  In the past I have
encountered frequency setting issues when the daughterboards weren't
fully seated in the motherboard connectors securely, causing
intermittent connections to some daughterboard signals.

-Johnathan