Forum: GNU Radio How to bypass the filter on RXF2400 daughterboard

Bill S. (Guest)
Hi, all!!!

I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in
our case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from
802.11, how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

Bill
Brian P. (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Bill S.
> Hi, all!!!
>
> I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
> restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in our
> case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from 802.11,
> how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

I believe you must make a hardware modification if you plan on
bypassing the filter.

Brian
Bill S. (Guest)
________________________________
On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 6:43 PM, Bill S.
> Hi, all!!!
>
> I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
> restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in our
> case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from 802.11,
> how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

I believe you must make a hardware modification if you plan on
bypassing the filter.

Brian

Thank you for so quick reply, Brian!

Making modification on HW is not what I can do. My case is like this: I
am transmitting 1Mbps data with center frequency set to 2483.5MHz. Do
you think it is doable without bypassing that filter (still receiving my
data without amplitude distorting)?

Thank you!

Bill
Paul M. (Guest)
I have read the manual of the RXF2400 and noticed that there is a filter
restricting the receiving bandwidth to be within ISM bandwidth. But in
our
case, we need to work outside 802.11 band to avoid interference from
802.11,
how can we bypass that filter using software? Thanks a lot!!!

Bill

 see page 49:
http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/attachment/wiki/UsrpF...
Paul M.