Forum: Ruby on Rails how ruby script/server work

mahmoud_cs (Guest)
how ruby script/server exactly work in rails?
Jeff E. (Guest)
read the source.

script/server loads the Rails environment boot file:
  require File.dirname(__FILE__) + '/../config/boot'

then requires a file from the Rails gem:
  require 'commands/server'

locate your rails gem install and read server.rb, should be in
  ruby/lib/gems/1.8/gems/rails-x.x.x/lib/commands/server.rb
mafloria (Guest)
I'm develop an application. I have rails 2.2 but when I want to see
changes in my application (by reloading) I have to restart the server.

What i need to do for do not restart??
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 28, 3:18 pm, mafloria <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> I'm develop an application. I have rails 2.2 but when I want to see
> changes in my application (by reloading) I have to restart the server.
>
> What i need to do for do not restart??

Assuming you are running in development mode and that you haven't
fiddled with the config.cache_classes settings, one way of messing up
auto reloading is by using require to require stuff that rails is
capable of loading automatically.

Fred
Margareth Florián (Guest)
Thanks for your answer Fred..

I am in development environment, I have config.cache_classes =* false*
(in
my development.rb file)
In the environment.rb file i have require
File.join(File.dirname(*__FILE__*
), 'boot').
I try  by instancing load_once_path:
Dependencies.load_once_path?(RAILS_ROOT)
in my environment.rb
But does not work. I am not an ruby expert.

Can you explain me what can I do?

Thank you very much.
Margareth

2008/11/28 Frederick C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 1 Dec 2008, at 15:51, Margareth Florián wrote:

> Thanks for your answer Fred..
>
> I am in development environment, I have config.cache_classes = false
> (in my development.rb file)
> In the environment.rb file i have require
> File.join(File.dirname(__FILE__), 'boot').
>

> I try  by instancing load_once_path: Dependencies.load_once_path?
> (RAILS_ROOT) in my environment.rb
> But does not work. I am not an ruby expert.

If you are using require to load any of your application's classes,
then don't

Fred
Margareth Florián (Guest)
Hi Fred.. Know the ruby code reload without restart the server but views
do
not.