Forum: Ruby Accessing the system log on Windows

Aldric G. (Guest)
This is in a production environment, so ruby 1.8.6. How would I go about
parsing the Windows logs which one can read from the Event Viewer
(Event, System, etc)? My point of focus is the System log, to see the
logons / logoffs.

Thanks!
Jeff M. (Guest)
on 2008-11-12 19:12
Aldric G. wrote:
> This is in a production environment, so ruby 1.8.6. How would I go about
> parsing the Windows logs which one can read from the Event Viewer
> (Event, System, etc)? My point of focus is the System log, to see the
> logons / logoffs.
>
> Thanks!

https://rubyforge.org/projects/win32utils/
Aldric G. (Guest)
Shu-weet! Thank you!
*adds rubyforge to his list of things to do before posting here*