Forum: JRuby Glassfish IO severe error

Raphael G. (Guest)
Glassfish issues this error message.  What does it mean?

The server can provide its default page but cannot pick up any
applications
and gives 404 to all requests.

INFO: Listening on port 3000
12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyService
postCons
truct
INFO: Network listener http-listener-2 on port 8181 disabled per
domain.xml
12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyProxy
start
INFO: Listening on port 4848
12-Nov-2008 15:22:18
com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter.AdminConsoleAdapter
set
StateMsg
INFO: The Admin Console Application is not yet installed.
12-Nov-2008 15:22:18
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService
postC
onstruct
SEVERE: IOException while opening deployed artifact
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentContextImpl.createClassLoad
ers(DeploymentContextImpl.java:158)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderService.postConstruct(A
pplicationLoaderService.java:173)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderInjector.postConstruct(
ApplicationLoaderInjector.java:61)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.inject(AbstractWombImpl.java:1
50)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb$1.run(ConstructorWomb.java:90)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.ConstructorWomb.initialize(ConstructorWomb.java
:87)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractWombImpl.get(AbstractWombImpl.java:75)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.SingletonInhabitant.get(SingletonInhabitant.jav
a:58)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.LazyInhabitant.get(LazyInhabitant.java:107)
        at
com.sun.hk2.component.AbstractInhabitantImpl.get(AbstractInhabitantIm
pl.java:60)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.ja
va:203)
        at
com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup$1.run(AppServerStartup.
java:116)
12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run
INFO: GlassFish v3 Prelude startup time : Felix(6469ms) startup
services(1281ms)
 total(7750ms)
How did you run it? Seems like an ugly error in deployment...perhaps it
didn't find your app correctly?

rug wrote:
> 12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.services.impl.GrizzlyProxy start
>         at
> 50)
> a:58)
> 12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run
> INFO: GlassFish v3 Prelude startup time : Felix(6469ms) startup
> services(1281ms)
>  total(7750ms)

Deployed Glassfish from within app top directory, as
jruby -S glassfish

Mongrel works fine:
jruby -S script\server

Jetty also works fine.

Charles Oliver N.-2 wrote:

>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.admin.adapter.AdminConsoleAdapter
>> org.glassfish.deployment.common.DeploymentContextImpl.createClassLoad
>>         at
>>         at
>> 12-Nov-2008 15:22:18 com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup run

That does indeed look like it's not finding your app correctly. It's
also taking an abnormally long time to start up, so it might be a
configuration issue somewhere. What environment/OS are you running it
in?

rug wrote:

>>> Glassfish issues this error message.  What does it mean?
>>> domain.xml
>>> postC
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.ApplicationLoaderInjector.postConstruct(
>>>         at
>>> com.sun.enterprise.v3.server.AppServerStartup.run(AppServerStartup.ja
>>
>>     http://xircles.codehaus.org/manage_email

My OS is Windows XP

I have run the app on various versions of Glassfish 2 and 3 over the
years.