Forum: Ruby on Rails Files with .fs extension in ruby on rails application

Raul M. (Guest)
I am using Spiceworks, an application made with Ruby on Rails. It has
some files with .fs extension but i don´t know what are this files and
with wich tools are generated. ¿Could someone say me something about it?

I attached one of this files.

Thank you.
Jeff E. (Guest)
http://filext.com/file-extension/FS

On Nov 12, 9:44 am, Raul M. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Darien B. (Guest)
on 2008-12-06 03:51
Raul M. wrote:
> I am using Spiceworks, an application made with Ruby on Rails. It has
> some files with .fs extension but i don´t know what are this files and
> with wich tools are generated. ¿Could someone say me something about it?
>
> I attached one of this files.
>
> Thank you.

This appears to be an archive file.... somewhat similar to a gzipped tar
file, but not quite. It has a rather long header and starts with what I
assume is a magic string: "[depot]". What follows is a VERY long and
sparse header followed by a series of records consisting of a filename
(with relative path), a length, and compressed data.

I pulled apart several Spiceworks file to verify these findings and they
are consistent. I would post more info, but I'd rather not be in any
sort of legal trouble - and would very much like Spiceworks to continue
as a freely available ad-supported package - even if it is closed
source.