Forum: Ruby on Rails Default Finder file icon for erb files

Paul B. (Guest)
on 2008-11-12 02:41
I use Textmate and Mac OS 10.5. How do I make Mac OS display a Textmate
file icon in Finder view by deafult?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 12 Nov 2008, at 00:41, Pål Bergström wrote:

> I use Textmate and Mac OS 10.5. How do I make Mac OS display a
> Textmate
> file icon in Finder view by deafult?

If you just want double clicking such a file to open in textmate then
show the info window for any .erb file in the window and use the
change all button.
As far as the icon (ie just the cosmetic side of things), you'll
probably need to edit Textmate's Info.plist file to indicate that
the .erb extension/UTI has appropriate icon/type.

Fred