Forum: RSpec what triggers "./script/autospec" to kick in? when I change my model it doesn't always retest

Greg H. (Guest)

Does anyone know what exactly trigger autospec to rerun tests?

I ask as I have a model file that has spec tests for it, but I've
noticed when I fix the line in the model file it's not automatically
retriggering a retest (where I'd expect to see a pass whereas before
it was a fail).  If I close autospec & restart it then it gives the
pass.

Thanks
David C. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:16 PM, Greg H.
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know what exactly trigger autospec to rerun tests?
>
> I ask as I have a model file that has spec tests

Please don't say "spec tests" lest you desire being banned from the
list. Choose any of "specs," "tests" or even "rspec tests" but "spec
tests" is like nails on a chalkboard to my eyes :)

> for it, but I've
> noticed when I fix the line in the model file it's not automatically
> retriggering a retest (where I'd expect to see a pass whereas before
> it was a fail).  If I close autospec & restart it then it gives the
> pass.

autospec is a thin wrapper around autotest, so the issue is one of
autotest mappings.

What are the actual filenames and what directories are they in?
Greg H. (Guest)
tks David - the files are:

* app/models/recurring/projections.rb <== one I was changing & not
always triggering a retest
* spec/models/projections/projections_spec.rb <== where the associated
tests are

tks
Mark W. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 5:01 PM, Greg H. <

> * app/models/recurring/projections.rb <== one I was changing & not
> always triggering a retest
> * spec/models/projections/projections_spec.rb <== where the associated
> tests are

The model and the spec are in different subdirectories under app and
spec.

///ark
Greg H. (Guest)
thanks - this seemed to fix it

wonder why it was working for the first time run (i.e. tests were
working) but just not re-triggering?  just the way autotest works I
guess
David C. (Guest)
On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:00 PM, Greg H.
> thanks - this seemed to fix it
>
> wonder why it was working for the first time run (i.e. tests were
> working) but just not re-triggering?  just the way autotest works I
> guess

The first time it loads everything in the spec directory, or
spec/models if you type 'rake spec:models' etc etc etc

After that it looks at changes and looks to the mappings to know what to
do.