Forum: Ruby on Rails Simple Captcha

Ben K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-11 23:16
Hello.  Is "Simple Captcha" plugin the best way to implement Captcha (or
similar functionality) in Rails?

Thanks.
giorgio (Guest)
I use the re-captcha plugin which works very well. eg it will
seemlessly cope with no javascript etc.

I haven't used Simple Captcha.

G.
Matt S. (Guest)
on 2008-11-12 06:10
giorgio wrote:
> I use the re-captcha plugin which works very well. eg it will
> seemlessly cope with no javascript etc.
>
> I haven't used Simple Captcha.
>
> G.

I've used it a few times & it all seems to work.

I've included tests in my code, so if it break upon a rails update, I
will know about it before it hits production.

- matt.
htpp://www.internetschminternet.com
Ben K. (Guest)
on 2008-11-12 06:38
Thanks, guys.
blasterpal (Guest)
You should also check out "negative capcha" it is invisible to user
and offers a better experience. I have a few sites using this and I
think its worth a look too:

http://subwindow.com/articles/18