Forum: Ruby on Rails Something strange about RJS, please help.

ms (Guest)
Hello,

thanks for reading this. :) I've got some problems with RJS in
separate files. What's the correct extension? When I name it *.rjs /
*.js.rjs, Ruby on Rails complains that it in not able to find a
*.js.erb template. But when I name it *.js.erb, nothing is translated
to javascript, only the raw text is given back to the client. When I
try inline RJS directly in my controllers with "render :update ...",
it runs perfectly. What am I doing wrong?

Really thank you for any answers.
ms
Thorsten M. (Guest)
The right naming is *.js.rjs

At the end of the controller you need:

respond_to do |format|
   format.js
end

to make that work
Nick (Guest)
On Nov 11, 9:49 am, Thorsten Müller <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> The right naming is *.js.rjs
>
> At the end of the controller you need:
>
> respond_to do |format|
>    format.js
> end
>
> to make that work

Keep this bug report in mind if you're calling #render_to_string
before the default view is rendered:
http://rails.lighthouseapp.com/projects/8994/ticke...

The solution is to rename the default view to filename.rjs (as opposed
to filename.js.rjs).

Cheers,
Nick