Forum: GNU Radio Realtime FFT (No GUI)

Mayank G. (Guest)
Hi all,

I am new to GNURadio. I need to do realtime FFT (GUI is not required).
I need to feed this FFT to other components of the system so I ned
simple FFT values of the signal. I tried hacking the fftsink2.py and
was able to get the values but the problem is that the rate of data is
very less. I am getting 15-16 FFTs in a second. This is too less.

Can you suggest me a way to improve this?

Thanks.

Mayank
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:02:12PM -0500, Mayank G. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am new to GNURadio. I need to do realtime FFT (GUI is not required). I
> need to feed this FFT to other components of the system so I ned simple
> FFT values of the signal. I tried hacking the fftsink2.py and was able to
> get the values but the problem is that the rate of data is very less. I
> am getting 15-16 FFTs in a second. This is too less.
>
> Can you suggest me a way to improve this?

Just use the gr.fft_vcc block.

Eric
Brian P. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 4:08 PM, Eric B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Just use the gr.fft_vcc block.
>
> Eric

On a related note, I am curious if anyone has looked into using djbfft
as opposed to FFTW?  I know it hasn't been updated in a while, but it
appears to be extremely fast:

    http://cr.yp.to/djbfft.html

Just wondering.

Brian
Mayank G. (Guest)

I tried using that. But I think it returns some sptr datatype and I am
unsure how to use it and get all the data points out of it.

Can you guide me through that?

Thanks.
Eric B. (Guest)
On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 04:24:44PM -0500, Mayank G. wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried using that. But I think it returns some sptr datatype and I am
> unsure how to use it and get all the data points out of it.
>
> Can you guide me through that?

Sorry, no.

Eric
Mayank G. (Guest)
Thanks for the response.

But, how can I interface the USRP and FFTW or DJTFFT?