Forum: Ruby gem mirrors down?

Mark T. (Guest)
There seem to be some gem mirrors down right now. One example is
http://rubyforge-gems.ruby-forum.com/gems/

There are at least a few others that are redirects from
http://gems.rubyforge.org/
that are down (xaop, mmmultiworks). Does rubyforge monitor the mirrors
at all?

Is there a way for me to specify a specific mirror for gem to use for
installs?

-- Mark.
Tom C. (Guest)
On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Mark T. wrote:

> There seem to be some gem mirrors down right now. One example is
> http://rubyforge-gems.ruby-forum.com/gems/

Hm, seems to be OK from here:

http://rubyforge-gems.ruby-forum.com/gems/rails-2.1.1.gem

Is that URL not responding for you?

> There are at least a few others that are redirects from http://gems.rubyforge.org/
> that are down (xaop, mmmultiworks). Does rubyforge monitor the mirrors
> at all?

Yup, we have a "mirrorwatch" script that moves gems in and out of
rotation if they go offline.

> Is there a way for me to specify a specific mirror for gem to use for
> installs?

Hm, I think not at the moment... I think the gem indexes are not
mirrored, just the gems.  Would be good to do that, though, probably...

Yours,

Tom
Mark T. (Guest)
On Nov 10, 10:42 pm, Tom C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2008, at 11:17 AM, Mark T. wrote:
>
> > There seem to be some gem mirrors down right now. One example is
> >http://rubyforge-gems.ruby-forum.com/gems/
>
> Hm, seems to be OK from here:
>
> http://rubyforge-gems.ruby-forum.com/gems/rails-2.1.1.gem
>
> Is that URL not responding for you?

It is, so I guess my test was faulty. I assumed the indexes were
mirrored too.

> > Is there a way for me to specify a specific mirror for gem to use for
> > installs?
>
> Hm, I think not at the moment... I think the gem indexes are not
> mirrored, just the gems.  Would be good to do that, though, probably...

Thanks,
-- Mark.