Forum: Ruby on Rails config error

Bert A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-10 01:11
I just started developing a social network using the RailsSpace book.
The books instruction is to change the url to be http://localhost:3000
instead of http://localhost:3000/site.  To do this, I changed the
config/routes.rb file's map.connect to be
map.connect '', :controller => "site"

and then deleted public/index.html

Finally I copied and pasted the books source code for
app/views/site/index.rhtml

The syntax error is:
C:/folder/appname/config/routes.rb:42: syntax error, unexpected $end,
expecting kEND

This error occurred while loading the following files:
   C:/folder/appname/config/routes.rb

Would really appreciate any help to solving this (BTW, I am a complete
novice to RoR and programming, so I don't know if this is the
appropriate forum or there is a better one for beginners)
Bert A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-10 01:56
I figured out my dumb error - forgot to put "end" after the map.connect
statement.  Sorry about posting this.