Forum: Ruby on Rails scaffold not working like i hoped......

SpudNerd (Guest)
Hi:

i've tried this on three macs (tiger, panther, etc).. and my ROR is up
to date on each.

My models and controllers aren't displaying all my mysql db fields.

When I run script/generate scaffold Planner ... it builds the
controller, model, and all the rest.

When I go to test the app and new controller, now called planners no
content is listed... and all I ever get is the submit button, and
'SHOW', 'EDIT' links.  I get none of the form to work with, just the
form button.

I noticed that the Views for the controller planners has all
*.html.erb  extensions.... .i changed them to .rhtml extensions, but
nothing changes.

Nothing is visible.... tested in FF, safari....

Any suggestions?

Spud
Frederick C. (Guest)
On Nov 8, 7:18 pm, SpudNerd <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:
> Hi:
>
> i've tried this on three macs (tiger, panther, etc).. and my ROR is up
> to date on each.
>
> My models and controllers aren't displaying all my mysql db fields.

That's just the way scaffolding is. I think the old  pre 2.x
scaffolding is available  as a plugin somewhere.

Fred
Chris Ripley (Guest)
the more i'm reading here... it looks like scaffold is not built in....
even
though going the generate does create the views, just not a complete
CRUD.
I don't really care about the CRUD.. just the rapid generation of views.

Spud

On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM, Frederick C. <
Rick (Guest)
Did you run rake db:migrate?

Rick
Chris Ripley (Guest)
Yes.. i've run rake db:migrate.
Roy P. (Guest)
Scaffolding is still built-in, but it won't look for existing tables
when it builds the views.  You've got to list out all your
column_name:column_type pairs on the call to script/generate.

It's a bummer, but there it is...