Forum: JRuby re[jruby-user] mote debugging as in Java for JRuby?

drrs (Guest)
Cannot do something like this:

set
JAVA_DEBUG=-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=4000
-Xdebug
call jruby %JAVA_DEBUG%  -d jmdi.rb

We get:
jruby: invalid extended option
runjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,ad
dress=4000 (-X will list valid options)

Basically:
1. Want to start Jruby in debug mode
2. Connect through Eclipse debugger as usual

What am I missing here?

Thanks!
try to add -J to your -X options (jruby -J-Xrunjdwp:transport...)

On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 5:36 PM, drrs <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> runjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,ad

Fabio K.
http://www.fabiokung.com

Caelum - Ensino e Inovação
http://www.caelum.com.br
drrs (Guest)
For some reason, this is not working with Eclipse Plugin RDT JVM
Arguments
directly......when running as Ruby Application using Jruby.

But it does run with jruby command line and can connect to it with
Eclipse
Debugger.....

Thanks!