Forum: RSpec The RSpec Book

David C. (Guest)
Hey all,

I'm pleased to announce that the Pragmatic Bookshelf's The RSpec Book
is almost here. The plan is:

* beta/pdf in December, 2008
* print in April, 2009

The RSpec Book, authored by me, Dave A., Zach D., Aslak
Hellesøy, Bryan H., and Dan N., will comprise material on
RSpec, Cucumber, Webrat and other tools, plus material on BDD, TDD,
ATDP, mocks, BDD in Rails, extending RSpec, and more.

You can read more about it at
http://www.pragprog.com/titles/achbd/the-rspec-book.

Cheers,
David
Luis L. (Guest)
On Fri, Nov 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM, David C. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> RSpec, Cucumber, Webrat and other tools, plus material on BDD, TDD,
> ATDP, mocks, BDD in Rails, extending RSpec, and more.
>
> You can read more about it at
> http://www.pragprog.com/titles/achbd/the-rspec-book.

Yay! great news David!

There is no pre-order button!?!?
--
Luis L.
AREA 17

Ngoc.
Juanma C. (Guest)
on 2008-12-19 18:36
I've gota a question.

Is the beta for the book coming soon before Christmas or
do I better think in something different from Santa Claus?

Oh. Please!!

Juanma
Daniel Area Criações (Guest)
I am also super interested in this book
Atenciosamente,

Daniel L.    Area Criações
Design, Websites e Sistemas Web

Visite:  http://www.areacriacoes.com.br/projects
          http://blog.areacriacoes.com.br/

As am I! Really looking forward to it. Thanks guys for any head's up
or link to the preview/beta!

Tim

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Daniel Area Criações
David C. (Guest)
Hi all - I'm sorry to report that we were not able to get the beta out
this month as we had hoped. We're very close, and should have a beta
for you in early January, but with holiday schedules as they are it's
just not possible to tie up the necessary loose ends before the year's
end.

That said, I and the other authors are working hard to get things into
shape so that we'll be able to tie things together as soon as everyone
is back on line after the 1st of the year.

Thanks for your enthusiasm (as expressed in this thread), and thanks
for your patience.

Cheers,
David