Forum: GNU Radio How to store recieved signal (time, voltage) in .txt format

Bruhtesfa E. (Guest)
Hey all,

 I want to store the signal I recieve from my USRP+XVR2450 in a text
file,
in 2 columns(1st clumn time and 2nd column I and Q voltage levels from
USRP at each sampling time).
 So, how can I do this in the Python? I want to do this because I prefer
do the signal processing on the baseband signal in Mat Lab(by importing
the
txt file data) rather than defining a new signal processing block in
python.

Thanks

  Bruhtesfa
slimchao (Guest)
Bruhtesfa E. wrote:
> txt file data) rather than defining a new signal processing block in

Hi Bruhtesfa,

you can use gr.file_sink() to save your receive data.

Slimchao
>>  So, how can I do this in the Python? I want to do this because I prefer
>> to do the signal processing on the baseband signal in Mat Lab

> you can use gr.file_sink() to save your receive data.

http://www.gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/Octave

The directions are the same for Matlab.

Jason