Forum: Redcloth redcloth executable removed from gem?

Gerald B. (Guest)
Hello,

   I have the RedCloth 4.x gem installed on a new machine. I used to
use the redcloth command line tool/executable ocassionally. Can anyone
clarify if it's still part of the RedCloth 4.x gem series?  Thanks.

PS: I checked the sources. And the executable source resides in bin
[1].  However, checking the Rakefile that generates the gem package I
can't find any spec.executables = [ 'redcloth' ] entry or similar [2].

[1] http://github.com/jgarber/redcloth/tree/master/bin/redcloth
[2] http://github.com/jgarber/redcloth/tree/master/Rakefile
Jason G. (Guest)
It should still be there.  The Rakefile requires echoe, which takes
care of specifying the executables.

~/Documents/redcloth(master) $ gem specification pkg/
RedCloth-4.1.0.gem | grep -A1 executables
executables:
- redcloth
Gerald B. (Guest)
Hello,

> It should still be there.  The Rakefile requires echoe, which takes care of
> specifying the executables.
>
> ~/Documents/redcloth(master) $ gem specification pkg/RedCloth-4.1.0.gem |
> grep -A1 executables
> executables:
> - redcloth

  Thanks for clarifying and thanks for the gem spec tip to check up on
the spec used for the installation.

  I installed the latest version, that is, 4.1.0 and the executable is
now included again. It was missing in 4.0.3 (e.g. the spec says:
executables: [] ).

   Thanks again for the clarification.  Cheers.