Forum: GNU Radio Gigabit Ethernet chipset

Carles Fernandez (Guest)

I would like to ask what chipset is used in the USRP2 for managing the
Gigabit Ethernet interface. I haven't been able to find this
information on the web.

Help will be really appreciated.

Best regards,
Carles.
Eric B. (Guest)
On Thu, Nov 06, 2008 at 06:17:10PM +0100, Carles Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask what chipset is used in the USRP2 for managing the
> Gigabit Ethernet interface. I haven't been able to find this
> information on the web.
>
> Help will be really appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
> Carles.

It's done with an open source MAC implemented in the FPGA and a
National Semicondutor PHY chip, DP83856.

Eric
Matt E. (Guest)
Carles Fernandez wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to ask what chipset is used in the USRP2 for managing the
> Gigabit Ethernet interface. I haven't been able to find this
> information on the web.

National Semiconductor DP83865

Matt