Forum: Ruby on Rails Distributing Plugins

Adam (Guest)
Hi all,

I've written a couple of rails plugins and want to be able to use
Rails' script/plugin script to add and remove them from my projects.
I've put them in a svn repository, yet the plugin script doesn't seem
to recognise them. I'm doing the following:

$ script/plugin -v list --source=http://my_repos/trunk
Discovering plugins in http://my_repos/trunk/
nil

The repository has the structure
trunk/
   plugin1/
   plugin2/
etc.

Is there another step to get the script to recognise these plugins?

Many thanks,
Adam
Philip H. (Guest)
On Nov 6, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Adam wrote:

> nil
>
> The repository has the structure
> trunk/
>   plugin1/
>   plugin2/
> etc.
>
> Is there another step to get the script to recognise these plugins?

Why don't you just do...

./script/plugin install http://my_repos/trunk/plugin1

?
Adam (Guest)
Sorry, should have said, I have done that as well but I get a "Plugin
not found error", which is why I'm guessing that something is wrong
with my setup.
Kang P. (Guest)
i face the same problem, does anyone know an idea?
Jodi S. (Guest)
On 13-Nov-08, at 8:02 PM, Kang P. wrote:

>>> Why don't you just do...
>>
>>> ./script/plugin installhttp://my_repos/trunk/plugin1
>>
>>> ?

the plugin install script scrapes this page:

http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/Plugins

Jodi
kang peng (Guest)
thanks.