Forum: Ruby Very basic newb Rake question

Kenneth McDonald (Guest)
I have a rakefile that was created automatically by NetBeans, and want
to run just the rdoc task, which is of the form:

  Rake::RDocTask do |rdoc|

However I have no idea what to invoke on the command line to execute
just this task. Everything I try also seems to invoke the
SpecTask, which isn't well-defined since I don't have a spec directory
(and don't even know what it's for). But it looks like
the RDocTask is self-contained, and so should be runnable on its own,
if I simply know how.

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Sandor Szücs (Guest)
On 06.11.2008, at 17:25, Kenneth McDonald wrote:

> SpecTask, which isn't well-defined since I don't have a spec
> directory (and don't even know what it's for). But it looks like
> the RDocTask is self-contained, and so should be runnable on its
> own, if I simply know how.

# This will list you all commands which the Rakefile in ./ know
$ rake -T

# Maybe that one?
$ rake rdoc

regards, Sandor