Forum: Ruby-Gnome 2 rcairo 1.8 and rsvg 0.18.1

James H. (Guest)
I recently upgraded my cairo bindings to 1.8, and my ruby-gnome2
bindings to
0.18.1.

Everything seems to be working nicely (less leaks!), with one exception:
after loading the rsvg2 bindings, my cairo contexts don't have the
render_rsvg_handle method added to them.

I've traced this issue to the check_cairo refactor in revison 3294.

The temporary solution I used as a workaround was to add the following
line to rsvg/extconf.rb

  have_header("librsvg/rsvg-cairo.h")

It appears that line doesn't get called in the new check_cairo function,
so the Makefile generated for the rsvg bindings doesn't add
-DHAVE_LIBRSVG_RSVG_CAIRO_H to CPP_FLAGS.

-- James H. <jimmy-at-deefa-dot-com>  Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:58:16 +1100
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "[ruby-gnome2-devel-en] rcairo 1.8 and rsvg 0.18.1" on Thu, 6 Nov 2008
23:18:35 +1100,
  James H. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

> The temporary solution I used as a workaround was to add the following
> line to rsvg/extconf.rb
>
>   have_header("librsvg/rsvg-cairo.h")

You're right. The check is missing. I've fixed it in trunk.
Thanks for reporting!

--
kou