Forum: Ruby on Rails removing row from a table using link_to_remote..

Sergio T. R. (Guest)
on 2008-11-05 23:28
i have a table of values that are presented in a regular html table.

what i would like to do is:

when DELETE is selected in a row, use link_to_remote to do some
processing on the selected record..

once this data is is processed, and the controller is done, i would like
to delete that entry using a visual_effect..

is this possible?

obviously, putting each  row in a DIV will not work..

has anyone else been able to do this?

thanks!
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 5 Nov 2008, at 21:28, Sergio R. wrote:

> to delete that entry using a visual_effect..
>
> is this possible?

just removing the tr element should be ok (not sure about all the
visual effects).

Fred
Philip H. (Guest)

>> is this possible?
>>
> just removing the tr element should be ok (not sure about all the
> visual effects).

Some of the blind/scroll/fade affects can act a little weird.  It will
do the effect, then it will reappear then it will be removed.

If you go this route just remove the element and not worry about it :)
Sergio T. R. (Guest)
on 2008-11-06 16:22
thanks everyone..

not sure what the problem was..

but i erased and retyped ..

and it worked.

i musta had a typo hidden away in there.

thanks!