Forum: Ruby Stylesheet not honored; directory access thwarted

RichardOnRails (Guest)

I intend to import CVS data from user-selected files a sub-directory
withing a Rails app.  I wrote a toy app outside the scope of Rails
just to test this capability.  The toy app is posted at
http://www.pastie.org/308209.

The toy has a few blemishes:
1.  I included CSS to center the link,  but it's rendered left-
justified.
2.  I expected the filenames in the imports sub-directory to be
displayed, but they were not.

Any ideas?

TIA,
Richard
Hassan S. (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 12:48 PM, RichardOnRails

> The toy has a few blemishes:
> 1.  I included CSS to center the link,  but it's rendered left-
> justified.

An anchor is not a block element, hence is only as wide as its content.
(Also, the 'position: relative' is meaningless in the example shown.)

> 2.  I expected the filenames in the imports sub-directory to be
> displayed, but they were not.

I'm guessing you think that a URL can contain wildcards; it can't.

If you use ` href="/imports/"` and your server allows directory listing,
you'll see the files listed.

HTH,

H*
RichardOnRails (Guest)
On Nov 5, 4:14 pm, Hassan S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:
> > 2.  I expected the filenames in the imports sub-directory to be
> --
> Hassan S. ------------------------ removed_email_address@domain.invalid

Hi Hassan,

Excellent guidance!

I got centering of my link working both with in-line styling and
external CSS.
And I also got a directory listing from Firefox.

You're batting 1000.  Thanks a lot!

Best wishes,
Richard