Forum: Ruby on Rails Weird characters

Remco S. (Guest)

I have weird characters in my view, like:

Armeni�
Jordani�
Isra�l
ect.

How can i solve this problem?

Grtz..remco
TomRossi7 (Guest)
Do you have your charset set to utf-8 in the head of your html?  Are
the values coming from a database?

--Tom

On Nov 5, 3:46 pm, Remco S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Remco S. (Guest)
on 2008-11-06 09:34
TomRossi7 wrote:
> Do you have your charset set to utf-8 in the head of your html?  Are
> the values coming from a database?
>
> --Tom
>
> On Nov 5, 3:46�pm, Remco S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

Tom,

The values coming from my database (mysql).

My header is:

remco
TomRossi7 (Guest)
Have you tried changing the charset to utf-8?

On Nov 6, 2:34 am, Remco S. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>