Forum: Ruby on Rails observe_form should only react to changes in the form

morgler (Guest)
I have a problem with observe_form:

<%= observe_form(  "search_form",
                  :frequency   => 0.25,
                  :update     => "search",
                  :complete    => "Element.hide('spinner')",
                  :url         => { :action => 'update_search' }) %>

In my form I have a combo box. When the user clicks the combo box and
scans through the options (WITHOUT yet selecting one), the controller
action gets called by observe_form. This is pretty annoying. What I
intend is that the action is only called once the user really clicks
on an option (thus changing the "model data" of the form if you want).
How can I only react to "real" changes of the form and ignore
everything else?

I already tried the ":on => 'click'" option, but 1) this doesn't seem
to work and 2) it is a nasty workaround keeping the user from using my
search form with a keyboard.

Any ideas?
Mark Reginald J. (Guest)
morgler wrote:
> scans through the options (WITHOUT yet selecting one), the controller
> action gets called by observe_form. This is pretty annoying. What I
> intend is that the action is only called once the user really clicks
> on an option (thus changing the "model data" of the form if you want).
> How can I only react to "real" changes of the form and ignore
> everything else?

You should remove the :frequency option.

http://railswheels.com