Forum: Ruby check for valid email address

Sijo k. (Guest)
on 2008-11-05 09:02
Hi
    I have a text field mail_id I have to prevent the user to enter only
a valid mail id For example removed_email_address@domain.invalid  Could you
please tell
how can I check that?

Thanks in advance
Sijo
Dennie M. (Guest)
on 2008-11-05 09:48
Sijo Kg wrote:
> Hi
>     I have a text field mail_id I have to prevent the user to enter only
> a valid mail id For example removed_email_address@domain.invalid  Could you please tell
> how can I check that?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Sijo

Look into regular expressions and try it yourself
Craig D. (Guest)
On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 2:46 AM, Wouss B. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
wrote:

> Sijo Kg wrote:
> > Hi
> >     I have a text field mail_id I have to prevent the user to enter only
> > a valid mail id For example removed_email_address@domain.invalid  Could you please
tell
> > how can I check that?
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> > Sijo
>
> Look into regular expressions and try it yourself

This is a good place to start for regular expressions for email:
http://www.regular-expressions.info/email.html . The site itself is good
overall.

Regards,
Craig