Forum: Ruby ParseTree 3.0.2 Released

Ryan D. (Guest)
ParseTree version 3.0.2 has been released!

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
* <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
* <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>

ParseTree is a C extension (using RubyInline) that extracts the parse
tree for an entire class or a specific method and returns it as a
s-expression (aka sexp) using ruby's arrays, strings, symbols, and
integers.

As an example:

   def conditional1(arg1)
     if arg1 == 0 then
       return 1
     end
     return 0
   end

becomes:

   [:defn,
     :conditional1,
     [:scope,
      [:block,
       [:args, :arg1],
       [:if,
        [:call, [:lvar, :arg1], :==, [:array, [:lit, 0]]],
        [:return, [:lit, 1]],
        nil],
       [:return, [:lit, 0]]]]]

Changes:

### 3.0.2 / 2008-11-04

* 1 minor enhancement:

   * parse_tree_show now defaults to unified, added -U to UNunify
output.

* 4 bug fixes:

   * UnifiedRuby#rewrite_defn kinda sorta deals with cfunc now. Stupid
rails.
   * Fixed ambiguities in splatted nodes in a bunch of contexts.
   * Fixed 1 arg form of parse_tree_for_proc
   * KNOWN ISSUE: 0 arg form (||) of parse_tree_for_proc segfaults.

* <http://rubyforge.org/projects/parsetree/>
* <http://www.zenspider.com/ZSS/Products/ParseTree/>
* <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
Roger P. (Guest)
on 2008-11-06 01:57
Ryan D. wrote:
> ParseTree version 3.0.2 has been released!

Thanks for doing that.
-=Roger
Ed Howland (Guest)

I just tried installing ParseTree from a gem and keep getting the
message
ERROR:  could not find gem ruby_ParseTree locally or in a repository

Is the gem missing? Other gems (ruby2ruby, ruby_parser) install fine.

Thanks
Ed
Ryan D. (Guest)
On Dec 10, 2008, at 04:06 , Ed Howland wrote:

> I just tried installing ParseTree from a gem and keep getting the
> message
> ERROR:  could not find gem ruby_ParseTree locally or in a repository
>
> Is the gem missing? Other gems (ruby2ruby, ruby_parser) install fine.

> 500 % sudo gem install ParseTree
> Successfully installed ParseTree-3.0.2
> 1 gem installed
> Installing ri documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...
> Installing RDoc documentation for ParseTree-3.0.2...

seems fine on my end... the name it is reporting is suspect.
Ed Howland (Guest)
Yup seems fine now too.

Thanks
Ed