Forum: Ruby gtk/glade and combobox

Joel A. (Guest)
on 2008-11-04 20:47
Hi all!
I made a GUI for my ruby gtk2 app and this is the code:
[code]
#!/usr/bin/ruby

require 'libglade2'
require 'gtk2'

class GladeRuby

  def button1_clicked
    entry1 = @glade.get_widget('entry1')
    combo1 = @glade.get_widget('combo1')
    combo1.model.append.set_value(0, entry1.text)
  end

  def window1_destroy
    on_window_exit
  end

  def initialize(glade_file)
    Gtk.init
    @glade = GladeXML.new(glade_file) { |handler|
      method(handler)
    }
    @window1 = @glade.get_widget('window1')
    ## Beta ##
    cadenas = ['joel', 'caca', 'popo', 'tyta']
    liststore = Gtk::ListStore.new(String)
    cadenas.each do |item|
      iter = liststore.append
      iter[0] = item # Doesn't work :(
    end
    @glade.get_widget('combo1').set_model(liststore)
    ## ###
    @window1.show_all()
    Gtk.main
  end

  def on_window_exit
    Gtk.main_quit

if __FILE__ == $0
  GLADE_XML_FILE = 'rbcombo.glade'
  GladeRuby.new(GLADE_XML_FILE)
end
[/code]
My goal is to load the strings from 'cadena' into the combobox, which it
doesn't...any ideas?
Kouhei S. (Guest)

In <removed_email_address@domain.invalid>
  "gtk/glade and combobox" on Wed, 5 Nov 2008 03:45:54 +0900,
  Joel A. <removed_email_address@domain.invalid> wrote:

>   def button1_clicked
>     Gtk.init
>     end
> end
>
> if __FILE__ == $0
>   GLADE_XML_FILE = 'rbcombo.glade'
>   GladeRuby.new(GLADE_XML_FILE)
> end
> [/code]
> My goal is to load the strings from 'cadena' into the combobox, which it
> doesn't...any ideas?

Where is rbcombo.glade file? I couldn't run the example
script.