Forum: Ruby on Rails Which status code for validation errors

Marko A. (Guest)
I need to manually specify an HTTP response code after I catch the
ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid exception - as validation fails for data
submitted via remote_form_for. Which one would be most appropriate?
Currently I do:

render :action => 'new', :status => 409 # conflict

    Marko
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 4 Nov 2008, at 12:02, Marko A. wrote:

> Hi,
> I need to manually specify an HTTP response code after I catch the
> ActiveRecord::RecordInvalid exception - as validation fails for data
> submitted via remote_form_for. Which one would be most appropriate?
> Currently I do:
>
> render :action => 'new', :status => 409 # conflict

I think 422 is commonly used (Unprocessable Entity: The request was
well-formed but was unable to be followed due to semantic errors)

Fred