Forum: JRuby Sun One Webserver Servlet Container Performance

AD (Guest)
Hello,
 After doing some research it appears that the Sun One webserer contains
Servlet container for deploying web apps (WARs).  Has anyone used this?
 Curious to hear about benefits or disadvantages of using this as a
Jruby/Rails deployment method over a Glassfish/Tomcat one.

Regards,
Adam
Matthew K. (Guest)
Yeah I deployed my last project on sunone's servlet engine. Here is a
hint
;) Sunone 6.1 is a webserver + tomcat 4.1  not sure about the newer
versions
so generally speaking its always an older version of tomcat then what
you
can get yourself.
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
AD wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  After doing some research it appears that the Sun One webserer contains
> a Servlet container for deploying web apps (WARs).  Has anyone used
> this?  Curious to hear about benefits or disadvantages of using this as
> a Jruby/Rails deployment method over a Glassfish/Tomcat one.

In general, a war is a war is a war. Any web container should be able to
deploy it. Where you'll see differences are in performance,
administration, memory footprint, and so on. I'm not sure how Sun One
compares to the others.

- Charlie

If it uses Tomcat 4.1 internally, it is based on Servlet 2.3. There are
chances that the web.xml generated by warbler won't work, as
ServletContext
Listeners are required for jruby-rack.

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 4:31 PM, Charles Oliver N. <

--
Fabio K.
http://www.fabiokung.com

Caelum - Ensino e Inovação