Forum: Radiant CMS Slash or no slash?

Mohit S. (Guest)
HI, I'm a bit confused about something simple... in general, Radiant
pages are served up as:
  page/pg/123/  (with a slash)
but it also renders the same if I go to
  page/pg/123 (without a slash)

In general, it doesn't matter.  But, I've got pages that have a lot of
relative links between them (inserted into the HTML directly).  So, I
have a relative link to ../124 but the actual position of what it
references matters... depending on whether the current URL/ page is
rendered is
  page/pg/123/ (with a slash)
or
  page/pg/123  (without a slash)

Any ideas on what I can do?

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/4/2008 | 2:52 AM.
Mohit S. (Guest)
Mohit S. wrote:
> rendered is
>  page/pg/123/ (with a slash)
> or
>  page/pg/123  (without a slash)
>
> Any ideas on what I can do?

Where are my manners!?  (it's 3 AM) - I meant to add thanks for your
help and sorry for being a bother this week...

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/4/2008 | 2:54 AM.
Sean C. (Guest)
Mohit,

The best answer I can give is to configure your webserver so that it
redirects requests not ending in a slash to their slash equivalents, or
vice versa (there are HOWTOs for Apache).

Sean
Chris P. (Guest)
There was quite a bit of descussion in this post:
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/111522

I don't think anything was done to implement the auto-redirect within
Radiant as discussed (though I'd still like to see it).  I think most
are configuring their servers to do the redirect.

-Chris
Chris P. (Guest)
D'oh. Sean beat me to it (as usual).

Oh and I meant 'discussion' ;-)

-Chris
Mohit S. (Guest)
Chris P. wrote:
>> I don't think anything was done to implement the auto-redirect within
>> Radiant as discussed (though I'd still like to see it).  I think most
>> are configuring their servers to do the redirect.
>>
>> -Chris

Thanks Chris & Sean,

I've added that to my TODO list now.  This does bring up another
question, how are anchors handled?
Page with slash, without slash or doesn't matter?

Cheers,
Mohit.
11/4/2008 | 3:19 AM.