Forum: JRuby Contributing the activerecord-jdbc

Daniel S. (Guest)
I'm currently working with activerecord-jdbc, and it's not clear what
the best method of contributing to the project is.

What is the primary development tree?
  -
http://github.com/nicksieger/activerecord-jdbc-ada... ?
  - http://jruby-extras.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/active...
?
  - some other location?

What is the best way to send through patches?
  - git patch emails?
  - svn diff output?
  - ?

Where should patches be submitted?
  - Rubyforge?
https://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=7857&group_id=...
  - Is there a lighthouse for activerecord-jdbc?

'twould be grand if all the answers to the above questions could be
found in the README.txt

I've got a patch to have a rake task to run the core activerecord tests
against the jdbc connectors (the mysql driver fails 19 tests from
activerecord-2.1.2), and would like to do some work to restructure the
current tests to fit better with the activerecord style so that there is
less overlap between the activerecord-jdbc tests and the core
activerecord tests.
Charles Oliver N. (Guest)
Daniel S. wrote:
> I'm currently working with activerecord-jdbc, and it's not clear what
> the best method of contributing to the project is.
>
> What is the primary development tree?
>         -
> _http://github.com/nicksieger/activerecord-jdbc-ada... ?
>         -
> _http://jruby-extras.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/active... ?
>         - some other location?

I believe it has moved to kenai.com:

http://kenai.com/projects/activerecord-jdbc

And we would *love* to get more contributors involved :) There's even a
bunch of outstanding issues in JRuby JIRA with patches to be applied.

> What is the best way to send through patches?
>         - git patch emails?
>         - svn diff output?
>         - ?

Bugs filed with patches on JRuby JIRA I believe. We'll keep them all in
the same place until we can move the whole of JRuby development to
Kenai.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY

> Where should patches be submitted?
>         - Rubyforge?
> _https://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=7857&group_id=...
> <https://rubyforge.org/tracker/?atid=7857&group_id=...
>         - Is there a lighthouse for activerecord-jdbc?
>
> 'twould be grand if all the answers to the above questions could be
> found in the README.txt

Very good idea; one of us may get around to adding it, or perhaps you
could write up something simple we can apply to README?

> I've got a patch to have a rake task to run the core activerecord tests
> against the jdbc connectors (the mysql driver fails 19 tests from
> activerecord-2.1.2), and would like to do some work to restructure the
> current tests to fit better with the activerecord style so that there is
> less overlap between the activerecord-jdbc tests and the core
> activerecord tests.

I'll let Nick or Ola answer this...they're the AR-JDBC primaries.

- Charlie