Forum: GNU Radio USRP2 SD Card rewrite

Robert McGwier (Guest)
On October 25 Matt wrote:

"   Build the firmware by running make in the gnuradio/usrp2 directory
    Insert the SD card into the card reader, and the card reader into a
USB port on your computer
    Run  "sudo u2_flash_tool --dev=/dev/XXXX -t s/w
usrp2/firmware/txrx.bin -w"
       /dev/XXXX has to be replaced with the device for the SD card
"

This needs some small corrections I think.

The correct instructions seem to be

cd usrp2/firmware
Run "sudo ./u2_flash_tool --dev=/dev/XXXX -t s/w ./apps/txrx.bin -w"

with the rest which I emphasize again.  If you get the wrong XXXX for
the device,  you can wipe out your hard drive.  Most people will have
their hard drive as /dev/sda and on my computer it seems the device
is, like Matt's computer, to be /dev/sdb.

Bob
Daniel O'Connor (Guest)
On Monday 03 November 2008 10:31:59 Robert McGwier wrote:
> with the rest which I emphasize again.  If you get the wrong XXXX for
> the device,  you can wipe out your hard drive.  Most people will have
> their hard drive as /dev/sda and on my computer it seems the device
> is, like Matt's computer, to be /dev/sdb.

Surely the kernel would prevent you writing to a disk that is opened by
it for
the FS. (It does in FreeBSD anyway)