Forum: Ruby on Rails Two Actions for One Click

tailormade (Guest)
I have a list where the user clicks on an item and the details about
that item are shown. Simple. No problem. However, I also need to make
a javascript call to highlight information in a java applet
corresponding to the item being displayed. I know I am missing
something simple, but how can I both display the details and make the
javascript call to the applet's API based on that one user click?
Frederick C. (Guest)
On 2 Nov 2008, at 03:32, tailormade wrote:

> I have a list where the user clicks on an item and the details about
> that item are shown. Simple. No problem. However, I also need to make
> a javascript call to highlight information in a java applet
> corresponding to the item being displayed. I know I am missing
> something simple, but how can I both display the details and make the
> javascript call to the applet's API based on that one user click?

assuming this is a link_to_remote, one or more of
the :before, :after, :onComplete or :onSuccess options may be
appropriate.

Fred